The oh-so-delicious, not-so-bready Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread could deceive you with its name. Sweet and nutty, with crunchy pecans in every bite. How amazing and addictive this little dessert can be!
With its rich flavor and melt-in-your-mouth texture, this delectable treat is sure to leave you wanting more. So if you’re looking for a unique twist on classic southern baking that’s simple and easy, then Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread is just what you need!
What you Need to Make Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread:
Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread is a classic Southern treat that will have your mouth watering as soon as you take the first bite! The sweet, nutty flavor of the toasted pecans mixed with the warmth of freshly baked bread is a combination that can’t be beat. It’s easy to make, too – all you need are a few simple ingredients and about an hour of your time.
Alabama Pecan Bread Ingredients
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Self-rising flour
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
What is Alabama Sweet Pecan Bread?
Alabama Sweet Pecan Bread is a classic Southern treat that combines sweet and nutty flavors for an unforgettable treat. This dessert bar is a simple combination of basic ingredients with the special addition of pecans, giving a warm flavor.
Whether you serve it as an accompaniment to barbecue or as a dessert, this dish is sure to be a hit. With a few ingredients and approximately an hour of time, you can make this delectable bread – why not give it a try?
Why You’ll Love Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread
- Textural Delight: The chopped pecans throughout add a wonderful crunch to the moist and tender crumb.
- Family Favorite: A nostalgic charm that brings back memories of homemade treats straight from grandma’s kitchen. It’s a family favorite that’s sure to become a tradition in your own home.
- Easy to Bake: Just a few simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, even beginner bakers can easily make this recipe.
Sweet Alabama Pecan Bread
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13 baking dish
- Combine both sugars, vegetable oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl, mix until smooth and creamy
- Add vanilla and flour to mixture, continue mixing until perfectly combined
- Now add pecans and fold into mixture by hand, ensuring evenly mixed. Pour into the greased baking dish, spreading out evenly
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Goes amazing with vanilla ice cream!