No bake orange balls, also known as snowballs are sweet fun little snack. These no-bake treats are an easy and delicious. All you need are a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes of prep. They go great during holidays, family gatherings and pitch-ins or potlucks. Crowd pleaser alert, they look really fun plus they keep well in the fridge.
What you Need to Make No Bake Orange Balls:
No bake orange balls are a fun treat for any occasion! The combination of sweet orange and vanilla wafer coated with coconut make these little bites a huge hit.
They’re really easy to make with no baking required. A perfect recipe for kids to help out with in the kitchen.
No Bake Orange Balls Ingredients
- vanilla wafer cookies
- toasted pecans
- powdered sugar
- shredded coconut
- orange juice concentrate
- vanilla extract
Why You’ll Love No Bake Orange Ball Cookies
- Effortless Delight: No-Bake Orange Ball cookies offer a scrumptious treat without the need for baking. They’re quick and easy to make and perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings in no time.
- Zesty Citrus Flavor: The bright and tangy orange juice infuses these cookies with a burst of citrusy goodness.
- Kid-Friendly Fun: Making these cookies can be a fun activity for the whole family. Get your kids involved in making the dough and coating the cookies with coconut.
- Summer Sensation: These no-bake cookies are particularly appealing during the warm months when you want to avoid using the oven.
History of No Bake Orange Balls
No bake orange balls have been around for a long time. It’s believed that the first recipes for these delightful treats originated in the early 1900s. Originally known as “orange snowballs” because of their light and fluffy texture.
Some original recipes called for crushed graham crackers, butter, sugar, cream and orange juice – all mixed together to form dough and then rolled into small balls.
Over the years, creative cooks have added their own unique twists to the recipe, making it a versatile and fun option for parties, baby showers, and more. And best of all, these no bake orange balls can be whipped up in no time, without ever having to turn on the oven!
Try our classic-inspired recipe or put your own spin on it – either way, these tasty treats are sure to be a hit.
No Bake Orange Balls
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies, 12 oz
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups coconut flakes, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place vanilla wafers in a large plastic bag, use a rolling pin to smash them up into a crumb. You could also use a food processor, but I like how quick and easy this method is. Pour wafer crumbs into large mixing bowl.
- Next chop your pecans into chunks. This could also be done in a food processor, but we like the slight chunky bits in the cookies this way! Also, untoasted pecans are fine, just a bit less flavor. Add chopped pecans to the mixing bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and orange juice concentrate to the mixture. Using your choice of stand or hand mixer, blend together until perfectly combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Pour coconut flakes into a casserole dish or shallow pan.
- Scoop out cookie dough with a small 1 inch cookie scoop, dropping into the coconut. Roll around to coat and place onto lined cookie sheet. Chill the orange balls for about an hour and enjoy! Keep extras in a sealed container.